As one of the countries in which many international students “choose to send Gold”, if you are intent to study in the United States, please find out 5 conditions of study in USA 2020 for the best preparation.
1. Conditions for studying in the US 2020: Age
Currently in the US study conditions 2020, there is no limit on the age of international students. Therefore, as long as you are admitted to a certified educational institution in this country, you can apply for a visa and enroll. This applies to all education levels from Primary to Postgraduate.
2. Requirements for academic results
The US 2020 study result requires international students to have an average GPA or higher, meet the English language standards set by the school and have enough scores for some certificates. such as SAT, ACT (University), GRE and GMAT (graduate). Currently, each school, study level, program of study will have different regulations, so if you intend to study in the US, you need to carefully consult the entrance requirements of the school through the website or consult our consulting services.
Here are the average academic requirements for admission to American universities (reference):
GPA: From 7.0 or above
SAT: 1000 points or more
GRE: Average 300 points
GMAT: 700 points or more
3. Conditions USA 2020 study abroad: English language
ability with 4 skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing is compulsory for all those who want to study abroad in the US 2020. Accordingly, each school in the US will also have different English entry requirements. However, most major and famous schools require students to have an IELTS score of 6.5, TOELF iBT from 90 or above.
Required English language requirements for studying in the US (for reference):
– IELTS: College: 5.5 or above; University, postgraduate: 6.0 – 6.5 and above
– TOELF iBT: College: 61 points or more; University: 79 – 90 points or more
Note: High school students may not need the above two certificates but just take the SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency) test to pass the minimum score of 45.
4. Financial Conditions
There is currently no specific regulation on how much money you must have to qualify for a US student visa, but you will need to submit a confirmation of the minimum bank balance by expenses to be paid during the first school year. This should be somewhere between $ 30,000 and $ 45,000 USD. However, if you just stop here, the possibility of getting a visa is not high because after coming to the US you will certainly have to pay for many other things. Experience is the amount you need to prepare to write on your Form I-20 should be your tuition x 1.5 times.
For example, if the cost of the first year is $ 20,000 USD, a bank balance between $ 30,000 – $ 35,000 USD will maximize your chances of getting a US student visa.
5. Conditions for applying to study in the US
The US student profile will include the application for admission to an educational institution in the US and the application for a US student visa.
5.1. Conditions to apply for admission
– Application to study according to the school’s application
– Copy of passport.
– Transcripts and transcripts are translated into English.
– English certificate.
– SAT, GRE, GMAT, IETLS, TOEFL… certificates (if any).
– Diploma of the most recent study program.
– Certificates, student cards for people who are still studying.
– Letter of recommendation (required for college and university level): written by the teacher, who worked with you to prove you are qualified and able to study in the US.
– Essay shows a point of view on a certain issue to reveal personal personality and to show foreign language skills.
– Fees: from $ 35 – $ 100 USD
If your admission application is approved, you will receive a Form I-20 that can be used to pay fees, apply for a US student visa and enter the United States. .
5.2. Conditions for US student visa
To enter the US, international students need to apply for an F-1 visa. The steps to make a student visa include:
– Study documents: diplomas, transcripts, transcripts, foreign language certificates (IETLS, TOELF …)
– Identity papers: passport, birth certificate Household registration book, 5x5cm photo taken within 6 months, parent’s marriage certificate.
– Proof of financial documents: bank account statements showing the ability to pay tuition, living expenses for the first year and proof of financial for the remaining years, proof of financial Other requirements.
Steps to apply for a US student visa
Step 1: Complete the Form I-20 that the school sent you after accepting your application for admission. Then pay the $ 350 SEVIS fee and fill out an application for a US nonimmigrant visa (Form DS – 160).
Step 2: Pay the fee for applying for a US student visa by creating an account on the online application form of the US consulate. Keep the receipt after paying and schedule an online interview via the website: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
You need to fill in information such as:
number Number from the bill Payment of visa fee
10-digit number from the Form DS-160 confirmation page
Step 3: Interview for a US student visa
On the date of your appointment, you go to the US Embassy or Consulate for an interview, bring your appointment letter, DS-160 application form, complete documents as above and receipt of visa payment. In the interview, applicants will be asked about the US study program, academic goals and plans after graduation. You need to convince them that you have a clear goal and will definitely return to your home country after the program ends.
The process of processing a US student visa lasts for 60 days or possibly longer, from the interview appointment to the interview date takes 9 days. Therefore, you need to arrange your application early to avoid affecting your intention.
Above, we have provided you with the latest 5 conditions for studying in the US 2020. If you still have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact us. Good luck!